I have the pleasure of working with Flinders University in Adelaide South Australia on a number of upcoming initiatives, seminars and workshops. I will be teaching in the International Healthcare Management masters programme run in South East Asia and will also be running a series of short seminars and workshops.
The first workshop: “Social Media for Professional Development”
Monday 30th October 2017
Think Twitter and Facebook are just for telling people what you are having for lunch? Twitter was voted the number one tool for learning in Jane Hart’s 2016 Top 100 Tools for learning and has topped the international list for 6 years in a row (Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies). If you are not using social media for learning you are missing out and your colleagues are too. Social media opens up a whole new way of how we ‘do’ learning and professional development (PD). Come prepared to get social! The workshop is interactive and introduces you to a range of social media and on-line tools that you can use for your own learning and PD.
When: Monday 30th October 2017
Time: 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Where: ViTA, 17 Rockville Ave, Daw Park SA 5041 Room 2.425
Who should attend?
Anyone in healthcare with an interest in supplementing traditional PD
Cost: $200 (incl. GST) 10% discount for ACHSM Members and HCM Students and Alumni
Register: Please complete the attached registration form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by Thursday 26th of October 2017. You will be provided with a link to make an online payment once your registration is received and confirmed.
Further Information: Please contact Dr Mark Mackay (firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8201 7755)
Vanessa has worked in learning and development in executive, leadership, consultancy and training roles for over 20 years in the public and private sectors, in health, universities and TAFE, in both Australia and New Zealand. She is an accomplished speaker, communicator and networker, and has been an invited speaker and chair at many conferences and international events on the subjects of leadership & management, human resources, change management, innovative learning and development, and using social media for learning. She has led the design, development and delivery of numerous leadership and management development programs for both new managers and high-level executives.
Further Information about the course
To provide participants with an introduction to:
• Creating and expanding your Personal Learning Network (PLN) what you can do and why you should do it
• Using Twitter, Tweetchats and Storify – connecting with people in your professional community, learning from thought leaders, participating in the ‘backchannel’ when you can’t attend conferences, sharing resources and curating social learning
• LinkedIn – for personal learning and networking
• Google Hangouts/Zoom meetings – real-time free video-conferencing to connect people in a virtual ‘meet up’
• Today’s Meet – synchronous chat before/during/after meetings and events • Meet Up – when virtual connection is not enough – organise to meet in person with your PLN
On completion of this course, participants should have the skills to:
• Understand how to use a range of social media tools for learning and PD
• Seek out and contact professionals and thought leaders in their chosen field
• Set up and use a Twitter account to participate in conversations in their professional area
• Set up a LinkedIn account for networking and enhancing job prospects
• Use a real-time video-conferencing application to talk with people across the globe
Registration: Registration form